- And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying.
- Speak unto the children of Israel, that they turn and encamp before Pihahiroth, between Migdol and the sea,
over against Baalzephon: before it shall ye encamp by the sea.
- For Pharaoh will say of the children of Israel, They are entangled in the land, the wilderness hath shut them in.
- And I will harden Pharaoh's heart, that he shall follow after them; and I will be honoured upon Pharaoh, and upon all his host,
that the Egyptians may know that I am the LORD. And they did so.
- And it was told the king of Egypt that the people fled: and the heart of Pharaoh and of his servants was turned against the people, and they said,
Why have we done this, that we have let Israel go from serving us?
- And he made ready his chariot, and took his people with him.
- And he took six hundred chosen chariots, and all the chariots of Egypt, and captains over every one of them.
- And the LORD hardened the heart of Pharaoh king of Egypt, and he pursued after the children of Israel: and the children of Israel went out with an high hand.
- But the Egyptians pursued after them, all the horses and chariots of Pharaoh, and his horsemen, and his army, and overtook them
encamping by the sea, beside Pihahiroth, before Baalzephon.
- And when Pharaoh drew nigh, the children of Israel lifted up their eyes, and, behold, the Egyptians marched after them, and they were
sore afraid: and the children of Israel cried out unto the LORD.
- And they said unto Moses, Because there were no graves in Egypt, hast thou taken us away to die in the wilderness? wherefore hast thou
dealt thus with us, to carry us forth out of Egypt?
- Is not this the word that we did tell thee in Egypt, saying, Let us alone, that we may serve the Egyptians, than that we should die in the wilderness.
- And Moses said unto the people, Fear ye not, stand still, and see the salvation of the Lord, which he will shew to you today for the Egyptians whom
ye have seen today, ye shall see them again no more for ever.
- The LORD shall fight for you, and ye shall hold your peace.
- And the LORD said unto Moses, Wherefore criest thou unto me? speak unto the children of Israel, that they go forward:
- But lift thou up thy rod, and stretch out thine hand over the sea, and divide it: and the children of
Israel shall go on dry ground through the midst of the sea.
- And I, behold, I will harden the hearts of the Egyptians, and they shall follow them: and I will get me honour upon Pharaoh, and upon all his host
upon his chariots, and upon his horsemen.
- And the Egyptians shall know that I the LORD, when I have gotten me honour upon Pharaoh, upon his chariots, and upon his horsemen.